72 Stitch Custom Cranked Sock Tubes
Do you have so many gorgeous skeins of sock yarn that you just don’t have the time to turn them into hand knit socks? Maybe you love to wear hand knit socks, but don’t really love to knit them? With the Custom Cranked Sock Tube option, you send me your skeins of sock yarn and I will turn them into a sock tube that you can then add your own heels, toes & cuffs to, or use the sock tubes for fingerless mitts, mittens, baby hats, or whatever your creative mind can dream up!
Please read the entire listing before placing your order. If you have any questions, please feel free to message me!
- Discounting for Quantity
- When you buy 5 Custom Cranked Sock Tubes, you’ll get your 6th for free! Simply add a quantity of 6 to your cart and use the discount code 72BUY1GET1 at checkout. You must add all of the same stitch count size to receive the discount and you must add all of the items in the same order. Please note that only one discount can be added to your cart at a time, so if you are ordering 60 Stitch Custom Sock Tubes in quantity, you will want to make a separate order to get the discount.
- Dreaded Knots
- If I encounter a knot in the skein of yarn, I will remove the knot and crank rounds of scrap yarn between the two parts of the skein where the knot is located. If you would like me to address knots differently, please include a note with your order or comment in the box at checkout.
- Stitches Per Inch
- For the 72 stitch tubes, the stitches per inch typically ranges between 8.5 - 9.25, depending on the thickness of the sock yarn. I can do fewer than 8.5 sts/inch, and with some thinner yarns I can do more than 9.25 sts/inch. If you would like specific sts/inch, please include that in a note with your yarn or in the comments box at checkout, otherwise your sock tube sts/inch will be in the range of 8.75-9 sts/inch.
- Return Shipping
- The shipping that is applied to your order is the return shipping price for me to mail your tubes back to you!
- I recommend selecting Priority shipping at checkout, as this includes $100 of insurance by USPS.
- Availability and Timing
- All orders will be cranked in the order in which I receive them. Most orders will be completed in a week or less. I will be releasing a limited number of custom cranked slots each week, to keep up with demand. If you happen to check and all slots are sold out, never fear, I will be adding more each week (usually Sunday’s)!
- Getting Your Yarn to Me
- Once you place your order, I will send you a follow up email with the shipping address as to where to ship your yarn.
- If you have any other questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to send me a message! I’d love to hear from you!
- Cranked in Vermont
- Your tubes are hand-cranked with care in my non-smoking, pet friendly home in the Champlain Valley of Vermont